I'm going to be a prawn star daddy.

daimen

I don't know if the pic shows it or not. But in real life she is a deep red even a burgendy. And she is berried!!

20140320_161901_zps31a26956.jpg

That's awesome news dude, always love seeing berried girls, well done! :happydance:

Woohoo!

:happydance:

Happy dance time.

I have 3 CRS berried too time week after feeding them Lowkeys B18 protein.

Awesome.....very impressive looking shrimp...do the juvies need brackish water ?

From what I know about the northwest river prawn from dave at aquagreen. He said that they will survive in fresh water

Congrats! Looks like quite a few eggs there!! Keep us posted!

The baby's will be the size of a grain of sand

IF THAT

id suggest loading Afew more sponge filters in the tank and remove your canister or hob

I'm still waiting on my ss cover for my canister. This is in a 4ft semi native tank. There is a massive bunch of Java moss. Plus I don't have any cycled sponges

Oh well I'm not trying to breed them I will see how many survive and check my canister later on.

Sounds like a really nice colour, pity the camera doesn't pic it up.

The type I.get around here have a brackish water stage so to much effort for breeding, but if yours survive in fresh I would get some as they are a cool looking shrimp.

Cheers mick

Hey gary when the babies are born do they hang around their mum for a while? Because of they do that's the opposite end to the filter maybe a few will make it.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a beauty. The macro's here are often a deep blue tiger colour. I have tried to "modify" them but their claws grow back. Grrr... From what I hear the only difference between a fresh water prawn and a salt water one is the salt.